Friday, September 25, 2009

We Interrupt This Programme

If you read my last posts, you would have read that my Grandmother Died last Tuesday.

She was in and out of hospital over the last two weeks, partially because of health problems, half because doctors prescribed the wrong drugs, causing unnecessary complications & trauma. AS I speak, we still don't know exactly what the cause was, but we know she had a minor heart attack; the results of which I expeienced first-hand.

I literally walked into her apartment after she had it. Me and my dad decided to visit since we were driving nearby. I acted like a jerk attempting to sneak in but when I saw one of carers at the nursing home was there, there seemed to be something up.

She was incredibly pale and her arms/fingers were purple, turning blue. What struck me was how cold they were. I waited there with my dad until the ambulance arrived and she was taken off to the nearest hospital.

The last words she said directly to me (and no-one else) was 'sorry'. My lame reply; 'It's alright'. I always say that. In almost any situation.

Dad & I stayed there over the next three hours at the hospital. She died two days later and ten minutes before my family arrived.

On the anniversary of her husband's death.

Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment